Now for all the boring vital statistics …
- I was born August 13, 1956 in Hampton, Virginia to William Jennings Downs and Alma H. Downs. I never lived in Hampton; it was just the closest hospital (approx. 40 miles) to Onemo, VA, where my parents lived.
- Moved to Prince Frederick, MD in August of 1972. I still count Prince Frederick as my hometown. Graduated from Calvert Senior High in 1974.
- Majored in architecture at Virginia Tech from 1974 to 1976.
- Graduated with honors in 1979 from St. Mary’s College of Maryland with a B.A. in Art.
- Got my first job as a graphic artist at Architectural Graphics, Inc. in Norfolk, VA. The details of my professional career can be found in my resume.
- Married Ken Reed on March 18, 1981 and moved to Northern Virginia.
- Started graduate school at the University of Maryland in 1989 and graduated in 1992 with a M.S. in Textiles, specializing in historic costume and textiles.